A vegan version of the classic cauliflower cheese full of nutrients, protein and fiber, as well as being low-carb. Quick and easy to make, it's delicious on its own or enjoy as a healthy side dish.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 5-10 mins
2 - 4
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Cut up both heads of cauliflower into little florets. Steam until al-dente. Set aside.
- Place cheese, silken tofu and a dash of pepper in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to an oven safe tray/casserole dish or cast iron pan and place the cooked cauliflower florets on top.
- On a separate tray, spread rice crumbs evenly and toast in the oven for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix toasted rice crumbs with vegan parmesan well. Then, spread the mixture on top of the cauliflower in your oven safe tray.
- Grill in the oven for about 10 minutes until the top turns golden and crispy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy your freshly made cheese bake!
- You can substitute the cheese to another kind if you prefer.
- If you don't have a food processor, using a blender or hand held blender will work as well.
- If your oven does not have a grill option, then bake it at 220°C / 425°F.
- This dish pairs really well with a toastie for a meal.