Soft, giggly eggs on a flavorsome tomato base, topped with creamy feta cheese and fresh cilantro. This protein-filled, healthy meal looks beautiful and tastes heavenly. You gotta try it, guys.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 25 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 356°F
- Dice up onions and chop up the bell peppers into small bite size pieces.
- In a pan, lightly fry the onions and peppers over medium heat.
- Into the pan, add a can of tomatoes, cumin, paprika, harissa seasoning and salt to taste. Leave the heat on until the bell peppers turn soft.
- In a separate, oven-proof pan, gently heat some butter or oil until just melted and spread evenly across.
- Add the cooked sauce to your buttered pan. Crack some eggs on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle feta cheese evenly over the dish and bake for about 6-12 minutes at 180°C (356°F)
- Once out of the oven, garnish with more feta cheese, cilantro and black pepper.
- You can always leave it in the oven for longer if you prefer eggs that are more well done.
- Feel free to replace the feta cheese with vegan alternatives if you are lactose intolerant.
- *If you don't have Harissa seasoning, you can always add one more teaspoon of paprika powder and 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.