A vegan take on spaghetti bolognese that is cooked in one pot - yes, even the pasta is cooked at the same time as the sauce! This recipe cannot get easier and the result is so delicious as well! Lentils give the dish a boost in plant protein as well as fiber and will keep you full for a long time. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and meal prep!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- Finely dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat up olive oil in a large pot (big enough to hold all the spaghetti), add onion and garlic and stir fry until fragrant and slightly golden.
- Add tomatoes to pot, and crush tomatoes with your spatula. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil then reduce heat back to a simmer, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the spaghetti is al dente, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and transfer spaghetti to serving bowls. Top with vegan parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
- I used wholemeal spaghetti but you can use one that suits your dietary needs eg. gluten free.
- Do not substitute tinned tomatoes with fresh as the flavor of the final dish won't be the same!
- You may substitute water with vegetable stock for even more flavors! Simply use the same volume of stock as water, but omit the salt.
- Take care not to over cook the spaghetti or it will turn out mushy.