Stir fried chicken and veggies in a perfectly balanced sweet & sour sauce. This healthy version is full of protein and fiber, has no added sugar and uses less oil. Plus it's gluten free!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
3 - 4
- Medium dice bell peppers, onion and chicken.
- Make the sauce by mixing all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl until combined.
- Make cornstarch slurry by mixing cornstarch and water in a small bowl until combined.
- Heat up 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick skillet or wok over medium heat. Add diced onion and bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes or until desired tenderness. Add a splash of water if vegetables start to burn before they are cooked. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat up 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick skillet or wok over medium heat. Add chicken and stir fry until golden brown.
- Add bell peppers, pineapple chunks and sauce to skillet. Give everything a good stir and let cook until the sauce starts to simmer.
- Add cornstarch slurry to skillet and stir to combine with everything else. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice.
- You may use chicken thigh instead of chicken breast if you prefer juicier meat.
- You may substitute monk fruit sweetener with any other sweetener of choice.
- If onion and bell peppers bloat you, feel free to use any other vegetables instead!