This comforting cauliflower bake is cheesy yet light enough to be a healthy side dish and is ready in under 30 minutes. Serve it alongside some lean protein and you’ve got yourself a delicious, easy and wholesome meal!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Reserve the stem portion for another recipe.
- Arrange cauliflower florets in a large baking dish in a single layer. Spray lightly with cooking spray, and roast for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together yogurt, shredded cheese, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, salt and pepper until combined.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven. Drizzle sauce all over the cauliflower and toss until coated evenly. Top with panko crumbs and grated parmesan and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Nutritional yeast adds an extra layer of umami and cheesy-ness without the need to add a lot of cheese. However, feel free to omit it if you don’t have it.
- Try to use non-fat or low-fat dairy to avoid making this dish too calorie- and fat-dense.
- Don’t throw the cauliflower stem away! Use it in another recipe such as stir-fry’s or soups. Or freeze it and add to smoothies!