These donuts are free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar, but definitely not free from rich, chocolatey goodness! They are healthy for you thanks to a wholesome ingredient list and yet still taste like a treat! You have to try these guys.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Make the donuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Medium dice sweet potato.
- Add diced sweet potato and the rest of the ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend until combined and smooth.
- Transfer batter to a donut pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted stick comes out clean.
Glaze the donuts
- Line a tray or plate with parchment paper.
- Make the glaze by melting chopped dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring frequently until combined and glossy.
- Dip a donut in the chocolate glaze and let excess drip off, then transfer to parchment paper. Repeat for all donuts.
- Decorate donuts with sprinkles or cacao nibs.
- Transfer donuts to fridge and let set for 10 minutes.
- I used raw, peeled orange sweet potato for this recipe.
- If you do not have a donut pan, you can also bake these in a muffin tin and increase baking time to 25 minutes.
- You may substitute maple syrup with another liquid sweetener.
- I topped these donuts with sprinkles and cacao nibs but you can use whatever you like. Feel free to go crazy with your favorite toppings!