These hazelnut balls are a healthier, homemade alternative to Ferrero Rocher chocolates and they are the absolute best. They are so easy to make, you only need 4 ingredients and there is no extra sugar added!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time -
- Chill some Nutella in the freezer for about 30 mins so it solidifies a little.
- Add 1/2 of the hazelnuts, all of the Medjool dates, salt and cacao powder into a food processor. Process it until its mixed well
- Add the rest of the hazelnuts and give it a quick blitz. Make sure to not over-process it. You want your remaining hazelnuts to stay pretty coarse so there's a good crunch to it.
- Pop the mixture into the fridge for about 20 mins to chill.
- To assemble the balls, take a palm-sized amount of your date mixture, roll it up into a ball then press down in the center until you create a little crater. Fill the crater up 3/4 of the way with your chilled Nutella, then press the sides back together to seal it up.
- Give it another little roll to turn it back into the shape of a ball, repeat with the rest of your mixture and you're done!
- You can make homemade Nutella. Add some cacao powder, sweetener, salt and hazelnuts into a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Cacao powder can be replaced with cocoa powder. The main difference is cacao powder is raw and not processed and thus contains more nutrients. However it does have a slightly bitter taste compared to processed cocoa powder.
- You can make the crater a little larger if you want more Nutella inside. Just make sure you don't press through the ball entirely, you don't want a hole in the middle.
- You can even add a hazelnut into the center with your Nutella.
- If you over-fill your center, it may overflow when you try to seal the ball back together. Simply add a bit more of your date mixture on top in that case.
- This mixture can make about 8-12 bliss balls depending on how big or small your balls are.